Saturday, March 19, 2011

spring cleaning

My kids were home from school on Friday, so naturally I took advantage of the extra hands and put them to work!  That's just the kind of awesome mom I am.  We're trying to get our house ready to sell (which means getting it ready to show to potential buyers), so I made this massive list of everything that has to be done in each room of the house.  I broke it down so the jobs were mostly small and simple, and my cute little team went from room to room working hard together. 

We had some scheduled breaks and eventually got so tired of working we stopped early for some ice cream before heading to the park for swings and soccer practice.  We really want to get our house on the market, so we tried to get as much done as we could and didn't stop to make dinner.  I was going to pick up a bag of Whoppers on the way home when I remembered the 5 lbs of ground beef I had just bought the day before.  So instead of spending a bunch on fast food, we went home and made our own.  It was a good choice.

Dinner Menu:
Hamburgers
Cheetos
Carrots & ranch dressing

I mixed salt and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and BBQ sauce into the meat before forming the patties and cooking on the griddle.  When I pulled them off the heat, I topped each patty with sliced sharp cheddar cheese.  We had giant buns, so I used 2 of my 5 lbs and divided it into 8 patties.  They were huge and juicy and delicious.  On the side we had the usual lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayo.  On my burger, I had tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, and ranch dressing.  Mmmmmm...

It was a simple meal, a huge hit, and easy to get on the table in just a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment